SWIPE STUDIO CREATIVE CHALLENGE
At Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con
- The Neal Adams Award
- The Satoshi Nakajima Award
Friday November 18
Entry Design Applicants to be Showcased at the Swipe Booth at Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con Taking Place October 28-30 at the Los Angeles Convention Center
Swipe - the eagerly-anticipated fully-integrated design platform for consumers and professionals alike – has launched the first-ever SWIPE STUDIO CREATIVE CHALLENGE aimed at saluting the best in designs utilizing the groundbreaking Swipe Studio platform.
The brainchild of software genius Satoshi Nakajima – the engineering architect responsible for Windows 95 and Windows 98 along with Internet Explorer versions 3 and 4 – Swipe empowers everyone from consumers to creators to easily animate everything from emails to digital comics with media-rich digital elements and make use of animation, video, vector graphics as well as full audio for voice, music and sound effects on tablets and smartphones. Created to take full advantage of today’s touch-enabled smartphone and tablet technology, Swipe eliminates the need for complex programming typically required to build animation or other forms of design content. As a result, creators, designers, animators and artists have the tools to create media-rich animated digital content for consumption via touch-enabled devices including smartphones, tablets and touch-enabled set-top-boxes, such as iPhone and Apple TV.
Two separate awards will be given out by Swipe to creator applicants
- The Satoshi Nakajima Award - Named after the architect of the Swipe program, this award recognizes the best and most innovative use of Swipe Studio’s smart media expressions, such as light, explosion, smoke, and other techniques.
- The Neal Adams Award - Named after legendary comic book artist and U.S. Swipe media spokesman Neal Adams, this award honors the best and most creative overall concept utilizing Swipe Studio, such as photo/video album/screen in graphic arts, animated graphic art character sing/dance in photo frame, etc.
Design applications are being accepted now through Wednesday November 18. The winners will be announced Wednesday November 30. Select applicants for both award categories will be showcased at the Swipe Booth at Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con throughout the convention which takes place October 28-30 at the Los Angeles Convention center.
The two award winners will receive substantial global exposure for their design works, including visibility on Swipie, the platform’s consumer application designed to share creative content), as well as media announcements and future Swipe conferences and exhibitions. In addition, select awards applicants will participate in the Swipe and Neal Adams panel sessions taking place during Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con.
“Through the Swipe Studio Creative Challenge, talented creators will become famous overnight for their submitted works,” said Satoshi Nakajima. “We are excited to unveil our first-ever competition and look forward to honoring the best designer applicants during Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con.”
Swipe Studio Creative Challenge
Amended on October 26, 2016
- Please submit your Swipe Studio Work at form on this page. Please state your name, email address and following information when you submit your Swipe Studio Work.
- A) Your profile
- B) Your homepage and/or your any websites that contains your creative
- C) Submission category: Either Satoshi Nakajima Award or Neal Adams Award
- D) Whether you shall come to Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con or not. In case you shall come, please kindly inform us of your plan to visit our booth 800. For your reference, the panel of Neal Adams and Satoshi Nakajima is scheduled at 11a.m. of Saturday, October 29, 2016 at room 403A of Los Angeles Convention Center.
* Swipe, Inc. may not accept your submission in case Swipe, Inc. shall find any missing information or wrong information in your submission.
A) We, Swipe, Inc. will use applicants Swipe Studio Creative Challenge works in various occasions where we shall participate, for example, Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con. We will, also show and/or introduce applicants Swipe Studio Creative Challenge works on our applications, such as Swipe Studio, Swipie but not limit to. Accordingly, please carefully review the following regulations and accept them before you submit Swipe Studio Creative Challenge.
- Swipe Studio Creative Challenge work should be in the format of 576x1024 vertically long. Swipe, Inc. accepts the submission of the applicant’s work of the other format.
The above size is the condition to publish on Swipie.
*Please note that you cannot publish your work on Swipie if you create Swipe Studio Creative Challenge work in the other format than 576 x 1024 vertically long.
- Please confirm that the applicant has the right to grant to Swipe, Inc. regarding the requirements of these regulations.
- The applicant grants to Swipe, Inc. to publish to public for free; Swipe, Inc. does not need to pay any fees or compensations for such publish.
- The applicant grants to Swipe Inc. to show, display, introduce the applicant’s Swipe Studio Creative Challenge work in various occasions for free of charge; for example, Comic Con, on Swipe applications, such as Swipe Studio, Swipie but not limit to.
- The applicant is requested to publish his/her Swipe Studio Creative Challenge Work to Swipie, an application of Swipe, Inc. for consumers.
*The applicant acknowledges that s/he cannot publish Swipe Studio Creative Challenge works in horizontally long format ones.
- The applicant selects either to “Allow remix (on Swipie)” or not when s/he submits the work. The applicant acknowledges that Swipie users may remix the applicant’s work for free of charge. Accordingly, Swipe, Inc. will pay no compensations for such remix use to the applicant.
- The applicant decides either “Publish on Swipie” or not as well as “Allow remix (on Swipie)” or not.
- The applicant who selects “Publish on Swipie” may check his/her Swipe Studio Creative Challenge work’s popularity on Swipie once s/he downloads Swipie.
- The applicant who selects “Allow remix (on Swipie)” may check his/her Swipe Studio Creative Challenge work’s popularity in remix as well as the popular remix work(s) of his/her original work. The applicant may find an innovative/amazing direction of his/her work.
- Swipe, Inc. has a plan to announce top 3 popular Swipe Studio Creative Challenge works on Swipie and top 3 remix works on November 15, 2016.
- The applicant grants freely to Swipe, Inc. to show, announce, display his/her Swipe Studio Creative Challenge work on Swipe, Inc. press release, Swipe, Inc. homepage, twitter, YouTube, facebook and not limit to.
SWIPE team is thrilled to receive your submission!